- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team garners OVC honors
The Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team won two of the three Ohio Valley Conference weekly awards Tuesday.
Senior forward Jessie Crabtree was named OVC offensive player of the week, while sophomore Ashton Aubuchon won OVC goalkeeper of the week.
Crabtree recorded eight points on three goals and two assists in a pair of 3-0 wins over Jacksonville State and Tennessee Tech last week. She opened Friday's scoring against JSU just 26 seconds into the contest, which set a school record for fastest goal to begin a game.
Aubuchon recorded the shutout in both wins. She made a combined five saves. She leads the OVC with eight shutouts, tied for the third most for a single season in school history. She has been OVC goalkeeper of the week three times this year.
Southeast, the OVC regular-season champion, is hosting the OVC tournament Thursday, Friday and Sunday at Houck Stadium. The top-seeded Redhawks will play either Murray State or Morehead State in the semifinals at 7 p.m. Friday.