- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team garners OVC honors
The Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team won two of the three Ohio Valley Conference weekly awards Tuesday.
Senior forward Jessie Crabtree was named OVC offensive player of the week, while sophomore Ashton Aubuchon won OVC goalkeeper of the week.
Crabtree recorded eight points on three goals and two assists in a pair of 3-0 wins over Jacksonville State and Tennessee Tech last week. She opened Friday's scoring against JSU just 26 seconds into the contest, which set a school record for fastest goal to begin a game.
Aubuchon recorded the shutout in both wins. She made a combined five saves. She leads the OVC with eight shutouts, tied for the third most for a single season in school history. She has been OVC goalkeeper of the week three times this year.
Southeast, the OVC regular-season champion, is hosting the OVC tournament Thursday, Friday and Sunday at Houck Stadium. The top-seeded Redhawks will play either Murray State or Morehead State in the semifinals at 7 p.m. Friday.