- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team garners OVC honors
The Southeast Missouri State women's soccer team won two of the three Ohio Valley Conference weekly awards Tuesday.
Senior forward Jessie Crabtree was named OVC offensive player of the week, while sophomore Ashton Aubuchon won OVC goalkeeper of the week.
Crabtree recorded eight points on three goals and two assists in a pair of 3-0 wins over Jacksonville State and Tennessee Tech last week. She opened Friday's scoring against JSU just 26 seconds into the contest, which set a school record for fastest goal to begin a game.
Aubuchon recorded the shutout in both wins. She made a combined five saves. She leads the OVC with eight shutouts, tied for the third most for a single season in school history. She has been OVC goalkeeper of the week three times this year.
Southeast, the OVC regular-season champion, is hosting the OVC tournament Thursday, Friday and Sunday at Houck Stadium. The top-seeded Redhawks will play either Murray State or Morehead State in the semifinals at 7 p.m. Friday.