- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Monday night shooting being investigated
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The investigation continues into a Monday night shooting in Sikeston.
Tuesday morning, law enforcement officials with the Sikeston Department of Public Safety had identified and were seeking a suspect in an incident that left one injured.
At 8:19 p.m., DPS received reports of shots fired near Delmar and Prosperity streets. Upon arrival in the area, nothing was found. Minutes later, at 8:34 p.m., a call was received from Missouri Delta Medical Center, which reported a male was admitted with two gunshot wounds to his left leg.
The victim was later identified as Marcus McCaster, and his injuries were non-life threatening, according to DPS.
As of Tuesday morning, investigation into the incident continues.