- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Trailer comes unhitched, causing I-55 accident Tuesday
A trailer that became unhitched caused a fracas on Interstate 55 Tuesday afternoon that shut down traffic and sent one person to the hospital.
Around 5 p.m., a vehicle towing a trailer lost control when the trailer became unhitched and overturned, blocking traffic on northbound I-55 near the 86 mile marker in Scott County, Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter said.
Shortly after the trailer overturned, a tractor-trailer rear-ended a vehicle traveling southbound on the interstate. The northbound wreck may have been a factor in the southbound accident.
One person was taken to the hospital, but Walter was initially unsure of the person's identity or injuries.
One northbound lane and all southbound lanes were reopened around 5:30 p.m., Walter said.