- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Monday night fire leads to Interstate 55 wreck
MINER, Mo. -- A house fire in Scott County led to a three-car accident on Interstate 55 Monday night north of Miner.
Three area fire departments including Scott County Rural Fire Department and the Miner Police Department responded shortly after 8 p.m. to a fire on Sandywood Road near the Sikeston Drag Strip, according to Scott County Sheriff's Department personnel. No injuries were reported.
As drivers on I-55 slowed to watch the blaze, the driver of a car didn't notice that a tractor-trailer had also slowed and clipped the truck. The driver of the car exited the vehicle just before another tractor-trailer slammed into the car.
No one was injured in the accident, but the southbound lanes of I-55 were closed for about an hour.
The cause of the fire had not been determined Tuesday morning.