- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
McNeely - Burke
Mr. and Mrs. Donald T. McNeely of Morehead City, N.C., formerly of Cape Girardeau, announce the engagement of their daughter, Donna Sue McNeely of Morehead City, to Maj. Joseph Patrick Burke of Jacksonville, N.C. He is the son of Patricia Burke of Fairview Heights, Ill., and the late Bernard Burke.
McNeely is a 1979 graduate of Central High School. She received a bachelor of arts degree in journalism from Indiana University, was a graduate fellow at the American Film Institute in Los Angeles 1989 to 1990, and a Nicholl Fellow at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Los Angeles in 1998. She is a free lance writer.
Burke is a 1981 graduate of Althoff Catholic High School in Belleville, Ill. He received a bachelor of arts degree in English from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1986, and a master's degree in linguistics from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville in 1992. He is an officer in the U.S. Marine Corps, serving at U.S. Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
A private wedding is planned New Year's Eve in Morehead City.