- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Schaefer's Electrical donates to SEMO Food Bank
Schaefer's Electrical Enclosures donated $567 and 1,162 pounds of food to the SEMO Food Bank. The donation will provide 4,755 meals.
McDonald's charity donates to Student Santas
SEMO Student Santas has received $5,000 from Ronald McDonald House Charities to support its Christmas Toy Drive. The program helps families in need, not just with children's toys but clothing, baby supplies, food, etc. The organization gave away 8,000 toys in 2010. It is a not-for-profit organization that collects donated toys and donated money to be able to give presents to those families whose children would otherwise would have little on Christmas morning. Accepting the check on behalf of Student Santas is Megan Devenport, left, executive board member and vice president, Jennifer Icaza-Gast, founder and CEO of Student Santas; and presenting the check were Cheryl Farrow and Lisa Hudson on behalf of Ronald McDonald House Charities and McDonald's restaurants.