- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
St. Louis-area teen injured after getting caught in noose at haunted house
FENTON, Mo. (AP) -- A St. Louis-area teenager is hospitalized with serious injuries after getting caught in a noose used as a prop in a haunted house.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/utsckQ ) reports that the apparent accident happened Thursday night at Creepyworld in Jefferson County. Authorities say the 17-year-old girl works as an actress to scare guests at the haunted house.
Sheriff's officials say the girl was unconscious when she was taken from the noose and rushed to a hospital. Her name was not released and details about her condition were not known.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com