- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Lloyd Murry Francis, 95, of Advance passed away Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011, at Advance Nursing Center.
He was born June 17, 1916, at Marble Hill, Mo., son of David Robert and Lillie Mae Murry Francis. He and Ruth Elizabeth Robins were married March 24, 1938, at Marble Hill.
Lloyd owned and operated Lloyd Francis Farm Inc. He had farmed since 1938. He was a member of First General Baptist Church of Advance. He served 18 years on Advance Board of Education.
Survivors include his wife, Ruth Francis of Advance; a son, Gary Francis of Chaffee, Mo.; six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Morgan Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Michael Grant officiating and the Rev. Wayne Page assisting. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.