- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Mildred Ladd, 95, of Advance went to be with her heavenly father Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011.
She was born June 11, 1916, in Bollinger County, daughter of Ed and Sadie Shell Hendrix. She and Marcus Ladd were married Aug. 13, 1933. He preceded her in death Feb. 20, 2003.
Mildred assisted her husband in ministering 39 years. She was a member of Ladd's Chapel.
Survivors include two daughters, Rachel Choate and Ruthann (Carol) Blanton of Advance; a sister, Juanita Larmie of St. Louis; two granddaughters, Kim (Randy) McElroy and Shawna (Vance) Read of Advance; and two great-grandchildren, Kalen Read and Jeremy McElroy.
She was preceded in death by a son, Loren Ladd, and a daughter, Shirley G. Ladd.
Visitation will be today from 5 to 8 p.m. at Morgan Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating and the Rev. Dusty Whittley assisting. Burial will be in Balch Cemetery near Zalma, Mo.