- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mavis Jagdharry, 74, of Scott City went to her heavenly home Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011, at Ramsey Creek Village in Scott City.
She was born May 12, 1937, in Guyana, South America. She and Cecil Jagdharry were married Dec. 12, 1955. He preceded her in death.
Mavis assisted her husband in his ministry and worked in clothing and auto parts.
Survivors include four sons, Rudolph (Robin) Jagdharry, Solomon (Debbie) Jagdharry, Joshua (Loretta) Jagdharry and Sucil (Marie) Jagdharry; four daughters, Lalita (Matthew) Toeniskoetter, Eunice (Samuel) Shamsundar, Maylene Jagdharry and Mavis (Romain) Etwaroo; a brother, Victor; three sisters, Lilly, Babydoll and Lucille; 14 grandchildren, Samuel, Kristen (Steve), Stephen (Gabby), Michael (Katrina), Jonathan, Andrew (Stephanie), Brianna, Tiffany, Nicholas, Brittany, Alicia, Marissa, Rachel and Sarah; two great-grandchildren, Gabriel and Alice.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at First Church of the Nazarene in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Jason Hill officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery in Scott City.
Memorials may be sent to Wesleyan World Missions, P.O. Box 50434, Indianapolis, IN 46250.