- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Lorene Frey, 82, of New Smyrna Beach, Fla., died Thursday, Oct. 13, 2011.
She was born March 17, 1929, near Catron, Mo., to Charles and Marcella Stephens Lawson. She and Joseph L. Frey were married Nov. 18, 1950. He preceded her in death Dec. 30, 2007.
Survivors include a son, Steven (Carolyn) Frey of Morley, Mo.; a daughter, Sherry Frey (Wayne Dieser) of New Smyrna Beach; a grandson, Ryan Blumberg of Seattle, Wash.; a granddaughter, Jill (Tim) Cobb; two great-grandchildren, Alexandria and Joseph Cobb of Imperial, Mo.; and a sister, Bonnie Poole of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two sisters, Irene Webb and Ruth Blattel.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Southside Baptist Church, 805 Hackberry St., Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. E.D. Francis officiating.
In lieu of flowers the family requests donations to Southside Baptist Church or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, P.O. Box 1000, Memphis, TN 38148.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home.