- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Hubert Raymond Archer, 94, of Jackson died Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 2, 1917, in Martinsburg, Mo., to Edward and Stella Brooks Hill Archer. After the death of his father Ray was raised by Shelby and Irene Simpson.
Ray graduated from Oak Ridge High School in 1937 and played on the high school basketball team.
He was a bus driver for Trailways Bus Line 43 years, retiring in 1987. He was a member of Emanuel United Church of Christ in Jackson.
Survivors include four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, Donald Ray Archer; five brothers and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating. Burial will follow at Goshen Cemetery near Oak Ridge.
Memorials may be made to Goshen Cemetery Fund or Emanuel United Church of Christ.