- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Bonnie Lee Bess, 91, of Bloomfield passed away Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011, at her home.
She was born April 22, 1920, in Clinton, Ark., daughter of J.O. and Maude Bowling Hunter. She was first married to George Eldon Boswell in 1937. He preceded her in death in 1963. She and Gerald M. Bess were married Dec. 24, 1968. He preceded her in death Dec. 13, 2007.
Bess lived in Bloomfield many years and attended Trinity United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Connie Pixley of Bloomfield; three sons, Carroll (Deann) Boswell of Bowling Green, Ky., Eldon (Suzanne) Boswell of Scott City, Tom (Shirley) Boswell of Puxico, Mo.; 14 grandchildren; 25 great-grandchildren; a stepson, Dennis Bess of Bloomfield; two brothers, Doyne Hunter of Centralia, Mo., Clark Hunter of Eldon, Mo.; four sisters, Jeanette McLaughn of Bakersfield, Calif., Billie Mae Hunt of Scottsdale, Ariz., Lanora Shrum of Cape Girardeau, Josephine Dicknite of Centralia; other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by two sons, Billy Joe and Jay Boswell; and two brothers, Ovid and Jerry Hunter.
Friends may call after 11 a.m. today at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Susan Hoyle of Bloomfield officiating. Interment will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery at Kennett, Mo.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.watkinsfuneralhome.com.