- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Forrest Phillip Davis, 81, of Chaffee passed away Friday, Oct. 21, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 17, 1930, in Lansing, Mich., son of Donald E. and Arjie Cobb Davis. He married S. Myrtle Thiesen Sept. 23, 1959.
Forrest was a medic in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict.
He was an accountant with Ventura Estates in Newbury Park, Calif., and member of Seventh-day Adventist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Layton Davis of Cleburne, Texas; a daughter, Annetta Evans of Chaffee; a brother, Harold Davis of Texas; eight grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Forrest was preceded in death by a sister and a grandchild.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee from 4 p.m. until time of service Tuesday.
The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with Brett Randall officiating. Burial will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, with Randall officiating. Full military rites will be provided by Missouri Honor Guard.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Mid-America Teen Challenge in Cape Girardeau.