- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PUXICO, Mo. -- Harlan Foster, 80, of Puxico passed away Friday, Oct. 21, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 8, 1931, in Pocahontas, Ark. He and Nora Launa Long were married Aug. 25, 1951, in Piggott, Ark. She preceded him in death March 15, 1978.
Survivors include his companion, Evadeen Choat of Puxico; a son and his wife, Jeff and Brenda Foster of Puxico; four daughters and husbands, Pat and David Holloway of Puxico, Kathy and David Watkins of Oran, Mo., Janet and Bob Muckerman of St. Louis, Leslie and Tony Martin of Cape Girardeau; 11 grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; two brothers, Harold Foster of Bloomfield, Mo., George Foster of Puxico; two sisters, Kathryn Ruble of Kansas City and Charlene Griffin of Chaffee, Mo.; other relatives and many friends.
He was preceded in death by a grandson, John Jesse Walk; and two sisters, Joann Foster and Mary Wooley.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Watkins and Sons Funeral Home in Puxico.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Lambert of Bloomfield and the Rev. Glenn Epps of Puxico officiating. Interment will be in Rock Hill Cemetery near Puxico, with full military honors conducted.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.watkinsfuneralhome.com.