- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Dave Whiteside, 48, of Atlanta lost his courageous battle with cancer Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2011.
Originally from Cape Girardeau, he is the son of Jay and Freda Whiteside.
He was a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. He moved to Atlanta as an employee of Federal Express. An avid boater, Dave took great pleasure in spending free time with family and friends at his home and on his boat at Lake Lanier.
Dave's memory will live on in all who knew and adored him.
He leaves to cherish his memory his wife, Toni Whiteside; parents; brother and nephew, Daniel and Tyson Whiteside; uncle and aunt, Jackie and Barbara Whiteside; cousins; his beloved dog, Cooper; as well as FedEx and Lake Lanier extended families.
A memorial service to celebrate Dave's life will be held today. For additional details, call 678-828-9199.
Flanigan Funeral Home and Crematory of Buford, Ga., is in charge of arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to the Kidney Cancer Association, 75 Remittance Drive, Suite 1160, Chicago, IL 60675-1160, or www.kidneycancer.org.
To express condolences, please sign our online guest book at www.flaniganfuneralhome.com.