- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Dewey E. Shrum, 92, of Perryville died Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 10, 1918, in Perry County, Mo., son of Frank and May Loberg Shrum. He and Ella B. Buff were married Dec. 16, 1937.
Shrum was a farmer. He was of the Methodist belief.
Survivors include his wife; two grandchildren, Randy Preston and Kendra Brown; and four great-grandchildren, Tyson, Colby, Chase and Danielle.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a daughter, LaVerna Preston; and a brother, Howard Shrum.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dave Ramsey officiating. Burial will be in Crossroads Methodist Cemetery in Bollinger County, Mo.
Memorials are preferred to Crossroads Methodist Cemetery Fund.