- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Bagged salad products recalled for salmonella risk
SALINAS, Calif. (AP) -- Taylor Farms Retail Inc. is voluntarily recalling 3,265 cases of various bagged salad blends that have the potential to be contaminated with salmonella.
The Salinas, Calif., company said Wednesday that its action comes after the Washington state Agriculture Department conducted a random test on a finished package of spinach.
No illnesses have been reported.
The bagged salad products include those with "best by" dates ranging from Oct. 18 to 21. They were marketed under the brand names Fresh Selections, HEB, Marketside and Taylor Farms.
The items were distributed in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Puerto Rico and sold in various retail supermarkets.
Consumers can call 1-877-323-7374 for more information.
The Cape Girardeau County Public Health Center said in a news release that the bagged salad products under the name Marketside were distributed to Walmart stores. The center has asked those stores to take the products off their shelves.
Gary Elders, general manager at the Cape Girardeau Walmart, said although the store carries some Marketside products he hadn't been notified any products in the local store are under a recall.