- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Mary A. Slinkard, 75, of Jackson died Monday, Oct. 17, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Cape Girardeau, to James and Iva Barnett Sisk. She and Ronnie Gene Slinkard were married Dec. 21, 1957, in Holly Springs, Miss. He preceded her in death May 23, 2007.
Mary grew up in Scott City and graduated from Scott City High School. She and Ronnie Gene owned and operated Slinkard Mobil Service Station in Cape Girardeau more than 40 years. She was of the Baptist belief.
Survivors include a daughter, Rhonda and husband Dean DeForest of Granite City, Ill.; three grandchildren, Jeana Warner, Christopher Seabaugh of Jackson, Daniel DeForest of Granite City; five great-grandchildren, K.C., Kimberly, Kylee and Korben Warner, and Kirstin Seabaugh, all of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Friends may call from 1:30 p.m. to service time today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. today at Cape County Memorial Park, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.