- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Charlotte G. Malahy, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Oct. 17, 2011, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born Oct. 3, 1922, in Echols, Minn., to Gilbert and Mathilde Olsen Olson. She and Robert C. Malahy were married Jan. 4, 1947, in St. James, Minn. He died July 9, 2003.
Charlotte was a 1943 graduate of St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minn. She was an airline hostess and taught Latin and English in Minnesota, Oklahoma and Cape Girardeau public schools. She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Robert C. Malahy Jr. and wife Mary Anne of Houston, Barry K. Malahy of Jackson; five grandsons; a great-granddaughter; and two great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Friends may call from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Graveside service will be at 3:15 p.m. Saturday at Fairmount Cemetery, with the Rev. Karen Nothdurft officiating.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.