- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
The reason for unemployment
I would like to remind the people, including our politicians, that they are the biggest reason we have unemployment. If everyone would check where the things they buy are made, it would be obvious you are not supporting U.S. jobs.
I have found that it is very difficult to find things made in the U.S. Why? The workers in many industries have priced themselves out of jobs. It would be interesting to know how many of the people protesting in New York own foreign-made cars, TVs, computers and cellphones.
They put themselves out of jobs with their buying.
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau