- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)20
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
The reason for unemployment
I would like to remind the people, including our politicians, that they are the biggest reason we have unemployment. If everyone would check where the things they buy are made, it would be obvious you are not supporting U.S. jobs.
I have found that it is very difficult to find things made in the U.S. Why? The workers in many industries have priced themselves out of jobs. It would be interesting to know how many of the people protesting in New York own foreign-made cars, TVs, computers and cellphones.
They put themselves out of jobs with their buying.
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau