- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
The reason for unemployment
I would like to remind the people, including our politicians, that they are the biggest reason we have unemployment. If everyone would check where the things they buy are made, it would be obvious you are not supporting U.S. jobs.
I have found that it is very difficult to find things made in the U.S. Why? The workers in many industries have priced themselves out of jobs. It would be interesting to know how many of the people protesting in New York own foreign-made cars, TVs, computers and cellphones.
They put themselves out of jobs with their buying.
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau