- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
The reason for unemployment
I would like to remind the people, including our politicians, that they are the biggest reason we have unemployment. If everyone would check where the things they buy are made, it would be obvious you are not supporting U.S. jobs.
I have found that it is very difficult to find things made in the U.S. Why? The workers in many industries have priced themselves out of jobs. It would be interesting to know how many of the people protesting in New York own foreign-made cars, TVs, computers and cellphones.
They put themselves out of jobs with their buying.
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau