- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
Local School Leaders attend MSBA conference
Cape Girardeau School Board Members Stacy Kinder, Tony Smee, Don Call, Kyle McDonald, Phil Moore, Paul Nenninger and Superintendent of Schools Dr. Jim Welker attended the 2011 annual conference sponsored by the Missouri School Boards' Association in cooperation with the Missouri Association of School Administrators. The Sept. 29 event at Lake of the Ozark is the largest gathering of education leaders in Missouri.
The conference featured nationally recognized keynote speakers and numerous workshops and clinics designed to improve the leadership skills of school board members and superintendents. The conference focused on ways school board members and administrators can influence the improvement of student achievement in Missouri's public schools.
The Missouri School Boards' Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help school boards succeed.