- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Local School Leaders attend MSBA conference
Cape Girardeau School Board Members Stacy Kinder, Tony Smee, Don Call, Kyle McDonald, Phil Moore, Paul Nenninger and Superintendent of Schools Dr. Jim Welker attended the 2011 annual conference sponsored by the Missouri School Boards' Association in cooperation with the Missouri Association of School Administrators. The Sept. 29 event at Lake of the Ozark is the largest gathering of education leaders in Missouri.
The conference featured nationally recognized keynote speakers and numerous workshops and clinics designed to improve the leadership skills of school board members and superintendents. The conference focused on ways school board members and administrators can influence the improvement of student achievement in Missouri's public schools.
The Missouri School Boards' Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help school boards succeed.