- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)14
- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Local School Leaders attend MSBA conference
Cape Girardeau School Board Members Stacy Kinder, Tony Smee, Don Call, Kyle McDonald, Phil Moore, Paul Nenninger and Superintendent of Schools Dr. Jim Welker attended the 2011 annual conference sponsored by the Missouri School Boards' Association in cooperation with the Missouri Association of School Administrators. The Sept. 29 event at Lake of the Ozark is the largest gathering of education leaders in Missouri.
The conference featured nationally recognized keynote speakers and numerous workshops and clinics designed to improve the leadership skills of school board members and superintendents. The conference focused on ways school board members and administrators can influence the improvement of student achievement in Missouri's public schools.
The Missouri School Boards' Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help school boards succeed.