- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Local School Leaders attend MSBA conference
Cape Girardeau School Board Members Stacy Kinder, Tony Smee, Don Call, Kyle McDonald, Phil Moore, Paul Nenninger and Superintendent of Schools Dr. Jim Welker attended the 2011 annual conference sponsored by the Missouri School Boards' Association in cooperation with the Missouri Association of School Administrators. The Sept. 29 event at Lake of the Ozark is the largest gathering of education leaders in Missouri.
The conference featured nationally recognized keynote speakers and numerous workshops and clinics designed to improve the leadership skills of school board members and superintendents. The conference focused on ways school board members and administrators can influence the improvement of student achievement in Missouri's public schools.
The Missouri School Boards' Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help school boards succeed.