- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Local School Leaders attend MSBA conference
Cape Girardeau School Board Members Stacy Kinder, Tony Smee, Don Call, Kyle McDonald, Phil Moore, Paul Nenninger and Superintendent of Schools Dr. Jim Welker attended the 2011 annual conference sponsored by the Missouri School Boards' Association in cooperation with the Missouri Association of School Administrators. The Sept. 29 event at Lake of the Ozark is the largest gathering of education leaders in Missouri.
The conference featured nationally recognized keynote speakers and numerous workshops and clinics designed to improve the leadership skills of school board members and superintendents. The conference focused on ways school board members and administrators can influence the improvement of student achievement in Missouri's public schools.
The Missouri School Boards' Association is a private, not-for-profit organization that exists to help school boards succeed.