- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Claire Jane Holley, 53, of Chesterfield, Mo., passed away Friday, Oct. 14, 2011, at Missouri Baptist Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born July 28, 1958, in Cape Girardeau, to William "Dick" and Betty Steck Holley. Jane graduated from Central High School and graduated magna cum laude from Southeast Missouri State University with bachelor degrees in journalism and computer science.
Holley worked several years at McDonnell Douglas in St. Louis and was a member of Bonhomme Presbyterian Church in Chesterfield.
Loving survivors include her mother, Betty of Chesterfield; three cousins, Elizabeth Hileman of Jackson, James Steck of Wichita, Kan., Phil Eydmann of Ste. Genevieve, Mo.; and several second cousins.
She was preceded in death by her father, Dick in 2002; two uncles, Charles Wilson Steck, Milde Steck; and an aunt, Lucille Eydmann.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to time of service Wednesday at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. George Ontko officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials are suggested to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.