- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Commerce, Mo., man cited in Discovery Playhouse accident
The man believed to have crashed a car into a Cape Girardeau children's museum received a summons for driving while intoxicated, according to police.
Trever L. Johnson of Commerce, Mo., was cited for striking a legally stopped or parked motor vehicle, failure to drive in a single lane, driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance in connection with a Saturday night incident at Discovery Playhouse.
A vehicle crashed into the museum in downtown Cape Girardeau about 7 p.m. Saturday and broke out two large windows in the front of the building, said the museum's executive director, Jennifer Mullix.
Discovery Playhouse was closed at the time, and no one was injured. The windows in front of the water play area were broken, but no play equipment appeared to be damaged upon initial inspection, she said.
The museum will reopen Tuesday.