- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Scott City football team falls to Herculaneum in district opener
Senior Austin Atchley hauled in two touchdown passes, but it wasn't enough in Scott City's 22-14 loss to Herculaneum to open Class 2 District 2 football action Friday.
Atchley's second touchdown catch, a 27-yarder from Jonathan McFall, cut the Rams' deficit to 16-14 with 4 minutes, 7 seconds left in the third quarter.
But Herculaneum added a fourth-quarter score to seal the win.
McFall finished 5 of 16 for 110 yards and two touchdowns through the air. Atchley hauled in four passes for 85 yards.
Jacob Underwood led the Rams' rushing attack with 87 yards on 20 carries.
Zach Haynes led Scott City with 14 total tackles. Atchley added 10, while Gordy Bradley and Hunter Cox chipped in seven stops apiece in the loss.
Scott City (4-4) plays at Crystal City on Friday.
-- From staff reports