- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
High school roundup: Perryville sweeps St. Vincent in volleyball action
The Perryville volleyball team got the better of its crosstown rival Thursday.
The Pirates defeated St. Vincent 25-19, 25-14 behind eight kills from Natalie Gremaud.
Perryville improved to 26-2 with the road win.
Shea Leible added nine digs, while Marissa Erwin contributed three blocks for Perryville.
JV -- Perryville won in three games.
|Scott City||25||25 Clearwater||15||17|
The Rams improved to 22-0 with a home sweep.
|Festus||14||25||25 Notre Dame||25||21||19|
Katie Edwards smashed 10 kills in the home loss.
Amy Wibbenmeyer added nine kills, while Brooke Bohnert had six kills for Notre Dame.
Shelby Dix put up 20 assists, and Olivia Roth contributed 25 digs for the Bulldogs (17-7).
Mississippi Valley Conference tournament
Zalma beat Marquand 25-22, 25-8 in the opening round at Meadow Heights.
Greenville defeated Oak Ridge 25-18, 25-15 in the first round.
Top-seeded Leopold knocked off Greenville 25-6, 25-11, while Meadow Heights beat Zalma defeated 25-13, 25-10 in the semifinal round.
Caitlin Cook had nine assists, while Erin Bollmann finished with six kills and four blocks for the Panthers.
Whitney Welker added six kills, while Mercedes Abernathy had six digs for Meadow Heights.
Meadow Heights and Leopold will play for the conference championship at 7 p.m. today. Zalma and Greenville will square off at 5 p.m. for third place.
Notre Dame 6, Saxony Lutheran 0
Aaron Arnzen netted one goal and chipped in two assists to lead the Bulldogs past the Crusaders.
Matthew Parsons scored one goal and had one assist, while Christian Westrich had one assist in the win.
Christian Essner, Jonathan Lynch, Carson Bruenderman and Phillip Schucardt each added one goal for Notre Dame.
James Holloway recorded the shutout in goal.
Eagle Ridge 6, Westwood Baptist 1
The Eagles defeated Westwood Baptist at home.
-- From staff reports