- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rev. Gene Robbins
GRASSY, Mo. -- The Rev. Gene Irven Robbins, 78, of Grassy went to be with the Lord on Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2011.
He was born Oct. 1, 1933, at Grassy, son of Jasper and Iva James Robbins. He first married Laverne "Butch" Barton on Oct. 15, 1953. She passed away Jan. 3, 2005. He then married Joyce Ann Hancock on July 16, 2010.
Gene was a member and former pastor of Cottage of Grace General Baptist Church, member of Masonic Lodge 440 and VFW Post 5900. He was a logger all his life and pastored several churches in the area since 1973.
He was a specialist 3 in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife, Joyce of Grassy; four daughters, Barbara Bennett of Glenallen, Mo., Susan Fisher, Linda Roark and Judy Roark, all of Grassy; a stepdaughter, Kimberly Terry of Lebanon, Tenn.; four brothers, the Rev. Bobby Robbins and Bill Robbins of Grassy, Marshall Chamness and the Rev. John Chamness; seven grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and three great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers, James Robbins, Burnell Chamness and Homer Chamness; four sisters, Pauline Dickerson, Opal Frymire, M. Irene Bradley and an infant.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Chamness officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Friendship Cemetery, with full military honors provided by VFW Post 5900.