- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Malden, where the chili is hot and the cars are cool
If you like your chili hot and your cars cool, then you have no better place to be on Saturday, October 15 than in downtown Malden, Missouri for the annual "Hot Chili-Cool Cars" celebration.
The Malden Chamber of Commerce, along with Director Brenda Williams extends an invitation for a day full of fun events and good food.
Along with a car show and a chili cook-off, other exhibits will be displayed beginning at 9 a.m. Madison and Main Streets will be full of cars, tractors, motor cycles, arts and craft, food and merchandise vendors, games and music.
Anyone wishing to participate in taste testing and voting in the chili cook-off can purchase a bowl and a ballot.
Teams interested in joining the chili cook-off should contact Brenda Williams at the Malden Chamber of Commerce at 276-4519. $500 will be awarded to the first place winner. Second and third place winners will receive a $300 prize and $200 prize, respectively. Only six team members are allowed in the booth at one time.
In addition to the regular chili cook-off, there has been a church challenge in which the winning church chili cook-off team will be awarded a trophy.
A spirit award and best decorated can award will also be given during the cook off.
Chamber Director Brenda Williams encourages everyone to "Get a team together and show off that great recipe. If you have not entered yet, now is the time to do so. The more teams - the better. We are looking forward to a great event filled with fun for all. Let's fill the air with the aroma of chili."
Hot Chili-Cool Cars tee shirts will be available for purchase.
Admission is free to the public.