- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Elizabeth "Beth" Spitzmiller, 63, of Advance passed away Monday, Oct. 10, 2011, at her home.
She was born Oct. 16, 1947, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Gerald and Virginia Shell Bird. Beth and William "Mack" Spitzmiller were married May 28, 1966, in Advance. He preceded her in death July 31, 2009.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Matthew and Gina Spitzmiller; a daughter and son-in-law, Michelle and Garion Silman of Advance; three grandsons, Corey Spitzmiller of Alton, Ill., Austin Ladd and Colton Silman of Advance; three stepgrandchildren, India Phillips, Gavin Phillips and Koby Phillips, all of Advance.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and a brother, Michael Bird.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Mark Anderson officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.