- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Gerald A. "Jerry" Fox, 68, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Oct. 8, 2011 in Buchanan, Tenn.
He was born June 9, 1943, in Cardwell, Mo., to Alvin T. and Martha E. Yates Fox. He and Pauline Marie Haaf were married June 12, 1982, in Cape Girardeau. She died July 15, 2006.
Fox was a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps.
He received a bachelor of science degree in history from Southeast Missouri State University in 1965. He was a member of Sigma Chi fraternity.
Gerald was an insurance adjuster in the Cape Girardeau area, retiring in 1998. He was a member of Elks Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two daughters, Laura E. Fox and Krista Fox Sharpe of St. Peters, Mo.; a granddaughter, Isabella Fox; two brothers, Charles Fox of Harrah, Okla., Doyle Fox of Tucson, Ariz.; a stepdaughter, Sally Merriman of Boston; a stepson, Matt Merriman of Portland, Ore.; three sisters, Velma Woodard of Memphis, Tenn., Virginia Gustafson of Tucson and Frances Hill of Garden Grove, Calif.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife and a brother, Dorsey Fox.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to service time Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A memorial service will be held at 5 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Ernie Eudy officiating.
Memorial contributions may be given to Southeast Hospice, 10 Doctors' Park, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.