- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Gary Lee Sample, 68, of Louisville, Ky., formerly of Cape Girardeau, passed away Sunday, Oct. 9, 2011.
He was a maintenance supervisor with Ensign-Bickford, a member of Cooper Chapel Baptist Church and an Army veteran.
Sample is survived by his wife, Cathy Selby Sample; daughters, Dawn Field and Tammy Biri; a stepdaughter, Randee North; a stepson, Corey Badgett; brothers, Kenny, Larry, Lester, Tony and John Sample; a sister, Evelyn Welter; and four grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Thursday at Foreman Funeral Home, 10600 Taylorsville Road in Louisville.
The funeral will be at noon Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Kentucky Veterans Cemetery.
Memorial gifts may be made to the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri.