- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Marie K. Mabrey, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Oct. 6, 2011, at the home of her son in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 15, 1914, in Cape Girardeau County to John W. and Josephine Kirchdoerfer Brucker. She and John H. Mabrey were married Nov. 25, 1933, at Allenville. He died April 19, 1958.
She was employed at the International Shoe Factory and Florsheim factories in Cape Girardeau and Chaffee, Mo. She retired in 1979. Later she worked as a baby sitter for a health spa. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral and St. Ann Sodality.
Survivors include a son, Bill (Arlene) Mabrey of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Allene Glueck of Chaffee; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a brother, Johnnie V. Brucker; and three sisters, Stella P. Glueck, Millie E. Slinkard and Christine Schabbing.
Visitation will be from 3 to 7 p.m. today Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel, with parish prayers at 6 p.m. The funeral be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will follow in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to a charity of choice.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.