- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Lee Roy "L.R." Burgfeld, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2011, at Southeast Hospital.
He was born Oct. 17, 1929, in Tilsit, to Emil and Hettie Fulbright Burgfeld. He and Georgia Buelow were married March 19, 1950, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
L.R. worked at International Shoe Co. in Jackson many years, retiring in 1984. He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a son, Robin (Myra) Burgfeld of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Karen (David) Yoder of Edgemont, Ark., Karla S. (Marco Rodriguez) Rodriguez Burgfeld of Merced, Calif.; six grandchildren, Blake Yoder, Chance Yoder, Jake Burgfeld, Zack Burgfeld, Kyndall Marie Georgia Rodriguez Burgfeld, Christian Rodriguez; two great-grandchildren, Reid Burgfeld and Jenna Burgfeld.
He was preceded in death by his wife Georgia; parents; and sisters Inez Masterson and Blanche Mason.
Friends may call 8:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Nathan Burgell officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be given to Trinity Lutheran School, 55 N. Pacific St., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, or the Alzheimer's Association, 9370 Olive Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63132.