- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
4-H State Shooting Sports Competition
In photo left to right: Kinsey Pratt, Karli Pratt, Allison Seiler and Hannah Duenne.
Four Scott County 4-H young ladies competed in the State Air Rifle and .22 Rifle contest near Columbia on September 17th. In Junior Pellet, Allison Seiler received a Blue ribbon and Karli Pratt a White ribbon. For Intermediate Pellet, Hannah Duenne and Kinsey both received Red ribbons. For the .22 rifle Intermediate class, Hannah Duenne placed 4th in the state for a Red ribbon and Kinsey Pratt received a White ribbon. Placing 1st in the state in Junior .22 rife competition was Allison Seiler.