- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
EVANSVILLE, Ind. -- Robert W. Walder, 92, of Evansville passed away Sunday, Oct. 2, 2011, at VNA Charlier Hospice Care Center.
Robert was born Oct. 16, 1918, in Cairo, Ill., son of Frank L. and Catherine A. Zettler Walder.
He attended St. Joseph Grade School and High School.
Robert joined the U.S. Army Air Corps in 1941, serving in the Pacific Theater.
Upon his discharge, Robert worked with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Chicago and later in the automotive and trucking industry. He returned to Southern Illinois in 1947. He and Nancy R. Allen were married Sept. 3, 1948.
Robert was a lifelong gardener and a fan of all sports, especially IU and Purdue sports, the Cubs and the Cardinals. He was a simple yet complex man who was devoted to his family.
Robert is survived by children, Catherine A. Walder, Christine Emge and husband Dan, and Stephen A. Walder, all of Evansville, and Tracy A. Walder of Lafayette, Ind.; two beloved grandchildren, Robert Thomas Emge of Columbus, Ohio, Sarah Louise Emge at Ball State University; in-laws, Betty Kiel (Bill deceased) of Murphysboro, Ill., Judy and Ron Brown of Nashville, Ill., Edward Koenigsmark (Shirley deceased) of Metropolis, Ill.; and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 53 years, Nancy R.; a daughter, Antoinette L. and infant children, Theresa and Mark. Also gone but not forgotten are his parents, Frank L. and Catherine A. Walder; siblings, Frank (Phylis) Walder Jr., Marguerite Profilet (Curtis), George (Betty) Walder, Mary (Raymond) Carter, Rose (Norman) Hughes, and in-laws, Pauline and John Ledbetter of Marion, Ill.
The family would like to thank Dr. Karl Sash and staff, with particular appreciation for Sarah Ice, NP. We would also like to express gratitude and appreciation to the superlative staff at VNA Plus and staff at Charlier Hospice Center in his final days.
There will be no service. Interment will be at a later date in the family plot at Calvary Cemetery in Villa Ridge, Ill.
Boone Funeral Home in Evansville is in charge of arrangements.
In lieu of flowers please send donations in Robert's name to VNA Plus, 610 E. Walnut St., Evansville, IN 47708.
Condolences may be made to the family online at boonefuneralhome.net.