- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Esther Erna Leimbach, 87, of Jackson passed away Saturday, Oct. 1, 2011, at the Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 11, 1923, in Pocahontas to Herman and Anna Louise Leimer Koeberl. She and Edward G. Leimbach were united in marriage on Oct. 26, 1947, in Pocahontas. He preceded her in death on July 28, 1994.
Esther was a member of Zion Lutheran Church in Pocahontas.
Loving survivors include two sons, Larry Leimbach and wife Gail and Rusby Leimbach and wife Brenda; a daughter, Marian Leimbach; and a granddaughter, Tammy Crites, all of Jackson.
In addition to her husband, Esther was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Mann officiating.
Interment will follow in Zion Lutheran Cemetery in Pocahontas.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given to Zion Lutheran Church in Pocahontas, Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery in Pocahontas or St. Paul Lutheran Radio Broadcast in Jackson.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.