- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Helen Jane Boyd, 93, of Marble Hill passed away Saturday, Oct. 1, 2011, at her home.
She was born Dec. 25, 1917, in Dongola, Mo., to Peter and Alice Revell Winchester.
Helen and Wilson Boyd were united in marriage on May 12, 1934, at Marble Hill, and he preceded her in death on Jan. 27, 2004.
Helen had been a homemaker and a member of the Advance, Mo., First Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son. William Boyd of Marble Hill; a daughter and son-in-law, Betty and Richard Zyla of Dandridge, Tenn;, a son-in-law, Frank Fondelet of Marble Hill; a brother, Milford Winchester of Arbor, Mo.; four grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Shirley Fondelet; three brothers; and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Eric Shrum officiating. Burial will follow at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.