- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Armenda Ardella "Abby" Simms, 67, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Sept. 29, 2011, at her home.
She was born Jan. 29, 1944 in Rector, Ark., to William David and Elsie Plunkett Floyd. She and Charles W. Simms were married May 16, 1964 at Rector. He preceded her in death on Jan. 17, 2008.
Mrs. Simms attended the School of the Ozarks in Branson, Mo., and was a loan officer at Mercantile Bank in Cape Girardeau. She retired in 1999. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include three daughters, Valorie D. Long of McClure, Ill., Vickie D. Klein of Inman, S.C., and Veronica D. Oetting of Jacksonville, N.C.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a brother and a son, Robin Wayne Simms.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Rev. Douglas C. Breite officiating. Burial will follow at Woodland Heights Cemetery in Rector.
Memorial contributions may be given to Trinity Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.