- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ORAN, Mo. -- On Sept. 30, 2011, Margaret Louise Beyer Stuckey, of Oran passed from the bonds of earth in Kansas City, Mo. Margaret was 97 years old and a member of the First Baptist Church of Oran.
She was born Feb. 28, 1914, at Bloomington, Ill., to Herman and Martha Penno Beyer of Bloomington. Margaret married Ray Sylvester Stuckey of Benton, Mo., on March 6, 1933, during the Great Depression. Margaret was a homemaker, a mother of two and worked 20 years as a sewing machine operator for International Hat Co. in Oran, managed by her husband.
Margaret was preceded in death by her husband, who passed away Nov. 28, 1989; and three brothers, Clarence, Edward and Walter.
Survivors include a daughter, Joan Lawrence of Kansas City, Mo.; a son, M. Melvin Stuckey of Danville, Calif.; three grandchildren, Linda, Kimberly and Cristen; and eight great-grandchildren, Aurora, Anthony, Leslie, Brandon, Matthew, Trevor, Shelby and Cassidy.
Family visitation will be noon followed by friends visitation at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Home in Oran.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Rev. Jack Bishop officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hill Memorial Gardens near Morley, Mo.
Mother, Grandma, Great-Grandma, we love you so much and will miss you. Rest in perfect peace. Now you belong to the ages.