- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
Charleston shooting under investigation
CHARLESTON, Mo. - The investigation is continuing today into a shooting.
At about 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, the Charleston Police Department received a call reporting a person was shot, according to Robert E. Hearnes, director of the Charleston Department of Public Safety.
"The initial call indicated that the victim was being driven to the Mississippi County Sheriff's Department," Hearnes said in a news release.
The victim, Nigel Easton, 39, of Charleston, was later air lifted to an area hospital for treatment of an apparent gunshot wound.