- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
In federal court: Cape man pleads guilty to weapons charge
The U.S. attorney's office released the following information Monday for defendants who appeared before U.S. District Judge Stephen N. Limbaugh Jr. pleaded guilty.
Name: Michael G. O'Neal
Residence: Cape Girardeau
Charges: Being a previous felon in possession of a firearm.
Summary: On May 15, reports of gunshots sent Cape Girardeau Police officers to O'Neal's apartment at 136 S. Lorimier St. Upon talking to witnesses in the area, officers arrested O'Neal and searched his home where they found a Mossberg 12-gauge shotgun on a sofa and shotgun shell casings around the apartment. Officers found a storage building behind the apartment had been struck by shotgun pellets.