- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- Southeast art students contribute mural to Stevie's Steakburger (7/9/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)33
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
In federal court: Cape man pleads guilty to weapons charge
The U.S. attorney's office released the following information Monday for defendants who appeared before U.S. District Judge Stephen N. Limbaugh Jr. pleaded guilty.
Name: Michael G. O'Neal
Residence: Cape Girardeau
Charges: Being a previous felon in possession of a firearm.
Summary: On May 15, reports of gunshots sent Cape Girardeau Police officers to O'Neal's apartment at 136 S. Lorimier St. Upon talking to witnesses in the area, officers arrested O'Neal and searched his home where they found a Mossberg 12-gauge shotgun on a sofa and shotgun shell casings around the apartment. Officers found a storage building behind the apartment had been struck by shotgun pellets.