- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lightning strike causes Sunday outage in Perry, Ste. Genevieve counties
STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo. -- Power outages Sunday afternoon in Perry and Ste. Genevieve counties were caused by lightning striking a transmission structure in Perryville.
According to a news release from Citizens Electric Corporation, more than 7,000 customers lost power shortly after noon during a period of heavy rain and lightning. Power was restored by 3 p.m.
Vice president of operations Ron Klein said in the release that a transmission-related issue causing more than one county to lose power is unusual.
Ste. Genevieve, MO