- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
New Book Release by Mo. Author, Barbara Watkins
October 31, 2011 R.J. Buckley will release new novel "Hollowing Screams."
This is one outstanding novel whose characters teach you the true meaning of treachery, fear, deception, lies, and betrayal. Fran Lewis, Amazon Reviewer/Internet Talk Show Host.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Press Release) - Sep 25, 2011 - Hollowing Screams is a character driven tale of a mother and daughter's betrayal, manipulation, and pure insanity. When lives tormented by paranoia and schizophrenic delusions collide with the aspect of the supernatural world, it sets off a multitude of bizarre and unexplainable events defying all reality. The inhabitants of a small midwestern town find themselves questioning their strict religious beliefs when confronted by a mysterious stranger with extraordinary paranormal abilities. Dabbing into the spiritual world of the unknown, Hollowing Screams will evoke mixed emotions from even the most skeptical of nonbelievers.
At an early age, she experienced what she referred to as -- supernatural phenomenon, As a teenager she kept a diary in which she documented several of her disturbing nightmares. She would ultimately draw upon those experiences to create her terrifying tales.
In her writings, she loves to evoke a false sense of security and expectations as she leads her reader into a world of the unknown.
Her articles on various subjects, short stories, and poetry, have appeared in The Heartland Writers Guild, 2008 New York Skyline Review, and several on-line publications.
Barbara Watkins is a member of The Heartland Writers Guild in Missouri, The Thriller Writers Association, and The National Writers Association. Her charitable contributions include supporting the Partner in Hope program through the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Publications: Behind the Red Door -- Thorns of an Innocent Soul -- Mortal Abomination.
# # #
Barbara Watkins resides in Missouri with her husband of thirty-three years, and her faithful, loving, boxweiler pup named 'Hooch.'
She has done book reviews for Atlantic Publishing, and is currently a full time book reviewer for Bookpleasures.com and Allbooks Review.
--- end ---