- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)11
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
New Book Release by Mo. Author, Barbara Watkins
October 31, 2011 R.J. Buckley will release new novel "Hollowing Screams."
This is one outstanding novel whose characters teach you the true meaning of treachery, fear, deception, lies, and betrayal. Fran Lewis, Amazon Reviewer/Internet Talk Show Host.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Press Release) - Sep 25, 2011 - Hollowing Screams is a character driven tale of a mother and daughter's betrayal, manipulation, and pure insanity. When lives tormented by paranoia and schizophrenic delusions collide with the aspect of the supernatural world, it sets off a multitude of bizarre and unexplainable events defying all reality. The inhabitants of a small midwestern town find themselves questioning their strict religious beliefs when confronted by a mysterious stranger with extraordinary paranormal abilities. Dabbing into the spiritual world of the unknown, Hollowing Screams will evoke mixed emotions from even the most skeptical of nonbelievers.
At an early age, she experienced what she referred to as -- supernatural phenomenon, As a teenager she kept a diary in which she documented several of her disturbing nightmares. She would ultimately draw upon those experiences to create her terrifying tales.
In her writings, she loves to evoke a false sense of security and expectations as she leads her reader into a world of the unknown.
Her articles on various subjects, short stories, and poetry, have appeared in The Heartland Writers Guild, 2008 New York Skyline Review, and several on-line publications.
Barbara Watkins is a member of The Heartland Writers Guild in Missouri, The Thriller Writers Association, and The National Writers Association. Her charitable contributions include supporting the Partner in Hope program through the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Publications: Behind the Red Door -- Thorns of an Innocent Soul -- Mortal Abomination.
# # #
Barbara Watkins resides in Missouri with her husband of thirty-three years, and her faithful, loving, boxweiler pup named 'Hooch.'
She has done book reviews for Atlantic Publishing, and is currently a full time book reviewer for Bookpleasures.com and Allbooks Review.
--- end ---