- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Milo Edward Rains
Milo Edward "Sonny" Rains, 74, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Sept. 22, 2011, at Southeast Hospital.
He was born Sept. 3, 1937, in Murphysboro, Ill., to Milo Samuel and Florence Ardell Blackwell Rains.
He and Imogene D. Foeste were married April 28, 1972, at Cape Girardeau.
Mr. Rains was employed by Product Engineering Co. in Cape Girardeau as a welder. He was a member of Word of Faith Fellowship Church.
Survivors include his wife, Imogene D. Rains of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Sarah M. Rains of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Arthur "Bud" Burton of Cape Girardeau; and five sisters, Becky Rains, Mary Sparks, Linda Pulliam, Lillian Brown, all of Cape Girardeau; and Florence Arriola of Santa Ynez, Calif.; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers, Paul and Sam Rains.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Chapel.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the chapel, with the Rev. Don Henson officiating. Burial will follow at Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to a charity of choice.