- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Shirley Waggener Faiks
Shirley Young Waggener Faiks, known to many as "Honey," was born July 23, 1924, in Cape Girardeau and passed away Sept. 23, 2011.
Shirley was preceded in death by her husband of 30 years, Don Waggener, and her husband of 20 years, Carl Faiks. She is survived by son Brad Waggener; daughter Laura Hellums and husband Nelson; and granddaughter Lee Ann Hellums; Carl's daughter, Cindy Britton and grandchildren Chris Chapman and Lisa Greenstone and their children; brother E. Ross "Hooch" Young; eight nieces and nephews; and beloved cat Holly.
Shirley was a devoted and loving mother and wife, an avid bridge and gin player; she had a talent for painting and a passion for dancing, music and travel.
A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at D.M. Dettling Funeral Directors, 14094 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77079.
Log on to www.dettlingfuneral.com to leave online tributes.