- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Oehl - Allen
Maria Renee Oehl and Brock Kenneth Allen were united in marriage July 2, 2011, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson. The Rev. John Harth performed the ceremony. Music was by John and Elaina Piccoli of Wildwood, Mo., Brad Hood, Brad Kiel and Joe Sealy of St. Louis, Geri Beussink and Jane Oehl of Jackson, Sherry Mueller of Old Monroe, Mo., Jeanette Menne of Silex, Mo., and Barb Wehde of Winfield, Mo.
Parents of the couple are Doyle and Jane Oehl of Jackson, and Brian and Beth Allen of Linn Creek, Mo.
Matron of honor was Jessica Teague of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Katelynn James of Jackson, cousin of the bride; Sara Bunch of Cape Girardeau; Crystin Harper of Macomb, Ill.; Emily Brown of Sedalia, Mo.; and Tori Wehde of Winfield, cousin of the bride.
Brett Allen of Chesterfield, Mo., brother of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen were Blaise Bennett of St. Louis and Nick Kohlhof of Burlington, Iowa, cousins of the groom; Andy Fink of Gainesville, Fla.; Andrew Mohrmann of St. Louis; and John Oehl of Jackson, brother of the bride. Ushers were A.J. Bennett of Chesterfield, cousin of the groom; Tyler Wehde of Winfield and William Menne of Silex, cousins of the bride.
Flower girl was Natalie Bennett, daughter of Rocky and Cindy Bennett of Ely, Iowa, cousin of the groom. Ringbearer was Drew Schroeder, son of Dan and Tara Schroeder of Burlington, cousin and godson of the groom.
The reception was held at Bavarian Halle.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 1 at the church hall.
Mrs. Allen is a 2004 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2008. She received a master's of curriculum, instruction and assessment from the university in 2009. She is a fifth grade teacher with Jackson School District.
The groom is a 2004 graduate of Eureka High School. He received a bachelor of arts degree in communications from UMC in 2008, and master's of teaching in 2011 from Lindenwood University. He is student teaching and coaching football at Jackson High School.
After a wedding trip to Florida and the Smoky Mountains, the couple is residing in Jackson.