- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Carl Revere Rhodes, 77, of Marble Hill died Sunday, Sept. 18, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 1, 1933, at Zalma, Mo., son of Melbern Eli and Mandy Emmaline Lasater Rhodes. He and Judy Miller were married July 30, 1994, at Marble Hill.
He had worked as a heavy truck mechanic, truck driver and roofer with Jerry Trentham Trucking in Grassy, Mo.
He was a U.S. Army veteran.
Besides his wife he is survived by two sons, Carl "Dusty" (Patti) Rhodes of De Soto, Mo., Sean (Kathy) Jones of Greenbrier, Tenn.; two daughters, Stacey (Dave) Long and Tamara (Jeff) Miles of Marble Hill; four sisters, June Hendershott of Marble Hill, Ada Mae Martin of Granite City, Ill., Doris Riebeling of Pacific, Mo., Norma Jean Riebeling of St. Louis; and nine grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by an infant daughter, a brother and three sisters.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Steven Sander officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield with military honors to be conducted.