- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Southeast Missouri State soccer goalkeeper earns weekly OVC honor
Southeast Missouri State sophomore Ashton Aubuchon was named the Ohio Valley Conference's goalkeeper of the week for women's soccer Tuesday.
Aubuchon turned in an all-tournament performance at the Tropical Smoothie Invitational, helping the Redhawks go 1-1 during the weekend event in Lexington, Ky.
Aubuchon recorded her first solo shutout of the season with a pair of saves in Friday's 1-0 win over Butler. She made five more saves in Sunday's 2-0 loss to host Kentucky.
Aubuchon has started all six games for the Redhawks this season. She has been in goal for 520 of the team's 540 minutes played so far this season.
She has recorded 24 saves and faced 89 shots.
The Redhawks (4-2) visit Saint Louis University on Friday night.
The Southeast volleyball team fell to 2-9 with Tuesday's 25-15, 25-23, 25-16 loss at Arkansas State (6-5).
Junior Brittney Kalinoski led the Redhawks in kills with eight. She added eight digs. Sophomore setter Julie Shives added six kills and 19 assists. Junior Samantha Lowman led in digs with 10.
Southeast begins OVC play Friday night at Eastern Illinois.
-- From staff reports