- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Addie Mae "Betty" Statler, 85, of Chaffee passed away Monday, Sept. 12, 2011, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 8, 1926, in Thebes, Ill., daughter to Raymond Harold and Zella Mae Foster Moore. Addie and Jesse Statler were married June 30, 1962.
Addie worked at Bukstein's in Chaffee while she raised her family, then at Superior Electric until retiring. She loved outdoor gardening and working in her flowers, providing many vegetables for her family. She also loved to travel.
Survivors include a son, Dave (Brenda) White of Chaffee; a daughter, Carolyn P. (Wesley) Campbell of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Robert (Delores) Moore of Kelso, Mo.; five sisters, Marcella (Charlie) Westrich of Chaffee, Maude (G.C.) Hilyard of St. Peters, Mo., Kathleen Lee of Perryville, Mo., Brenda Strop and Peggy Moore of Cape Girardeau.
Also five grandsons, Mitchell (Amy) White, David White Jr., Danny A. (Patty) Campbell and Corey Dean (Candless Zielinski) Campbell and Michael S. Campbell; nine great-grandchildren and a baby boy expected in November.
Addie was preceded in death by her husband, parents, two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Mark Anderson officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Addie was the oldest of 12 children. It could never be the way it was and God gave her peace, love forever.