- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/24/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
State regulators approve certificate for new Poplar Bluff hospital site
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- A certificate of need for Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center to build its new hospital at the Oak Grove Road site was approved Monday by the Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee during a hearing in the Capitol Building.
Committee members voted 6-0 to grant PBRMC's request to relocate from Route PP to a 62-acre site on the south side of Oak Grove Road between Bypass 67 and Shelby Road.
PBRMC plans to construct a seven-story hospital with 250 private beds. The estimated construction cost is around $170 million. Construction is expected to take three years.
This decision paves the way for the K2 Commercial Group of St. Louis to begin retail development of land on the north side of Oak Grove Road at the interchange of U.S. 60 and 67.
Hospital officials, along with city, county, school district, chamber of commerce and K2 leaders were ecstatic following the committee's decision.
Oak Grove Road, Poplar Bluff, MO